Growing up, I either drove to the city with my parents or took the bus, so riding the train with MTA from the Connecticut side was a fun new adventure.
Outside of Grand Central Station. Thanks to my sister-in-law, Nann, for letting me borrow the rain jacket.
We didn't have time to actually go and see Lady Liberty so we were thrilled to be able to get this close to her for a picture. :)
We probably would have gone to the top of the Empire State Building, but it was too foggy and wouldn't have been worth the $38 they charge to ride to the elevator to the top.
On the tour bus.
It's always a great time to catch up with best friends from younger years! The next in line to get married is the happy couple in the third row. Can't wait for another wedding.
Boarding the Atlantica for a night of good food and dancing.

Our hotel had a restaurant on the top floor that we got to just before it closed to catch one more glimpse of the sky line at night. This is the new Freedom Tower...I think!

Of all the times I've been to the city, I've never stayed the night. I'm glad I don't have to wake up there every morning, but it was fun for one night!
...And this is me trying to be a local. My feet were killing me from the dancing the night before, so it was a sunday skirt and tennis shoes kind of morning on our way to church! There were about 3 other woman at church who looked just like me, thankfully!
We had some fun adventures on the Subway.
Columbus Circle.
Got to see my companion from the MTC at church Sunday morning. I love reunions!
We love church! It's so nice to know that no matter where we go, there is always a place for us to find a quiet moment to worship.
Jessica teaching me how to make focaccia (FO-KA-CHE) bread. She had all the right tools and ingredients. It tasted delicious and we gobbled it up so fast, I didn't even get a picture of the finished product. And I'm wearing Grammy Bells apron...no strings attached. :)
Lucy and Clark were so fun to watch together. I think Lucy was okay with the whole same-aged cousin thing until Clark tried to eat her brownie.
Our frequent flyer did great on the way home, but we were pretty happy to get off that plane. Kids are harder to entertain in confined spaces for long periods of time when they are older!













No comments:
Post a Comment