10.21.2012

Honored Guests?

About two weeks ago, we got a letter in the mail from Jensen Jewelers - the place where we got my wedding ring from.  The letter looked like this...
Having never been invited to any exclusive events before, we didn't know what to think.  But it was no mistake.  Three days before the event, a sales associate from the jewelry store called to make sure we had received our invitation.  I've been trying to grow my jewelry collection, so we made a date out of it!

We got to the mall and waited in line.  We were a little bit out of place as we were possibly the ONLY people there who were under the age of 40.  Looking at the women in front and behind of us, we certainly could tell that we WEREN'T frequent buyers so we still couldn't figure out how we merited an invitation.  Talking to a sales associate though, we realized that we probably paid off my wedding ring just before the store's last sales quarter, so we were in!  



 Even at 50% off everything in the store, there wasn't anything tempting enough to take home with us besides the free cheese and chocolates!  We did leave them with my wedding ring though to have some re-polishing done from our last dipping.

 I was thrilled when I saw what we were getting and realized I actually liked it!  The sales man checking us in at the front of the store said it was a "glitzy" necklace to which I softly rolled my eyes and laughed with Joseph about.  I'm completely content with wearing my pearl earring everyday, so something "valued at $100" and "glitzy" didn't seem too much of my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment